Shrewsbury Montessori School supports families by extending the regular school hours in the morning and afternoon, Mondays through Fridays. The Extended Day Program is offered on both campuses to currently enrolled students, Toddler to Grade 6 students. The program is designed to create a fun environment where children can relax and enjoy time with friends. Children are offered a variety of activities each day with outdoor and indoor play in a safe environment. The indoor space is designed with materials and activities that complement the Montessori philosophy to meet the interests of a multi-age group. View Before and After School Programs fees.
Before School Program
Families can arrive any time after 7:30am. Students are engaged in playing games, quiet reading, and other activities of their interest. Click on this link to register.
After School Program
The after school program is available from 2:30pm to 5:30pm for Toddler and Children’s House Students, and 3:30-5:30 for elementary students.
The afternoon time is intended to be a fun and stimulating environment that is different from their structured school day. The schedule includes art, crafts, music games, cooking, and movement as well as other age-appropriate activities. The school provides a healthy snack or families can bring one from home. Click on this link to register.
Registration & Cancellation Policy for Extended Day Program
Advanced registration is required, by semester.
- Online registration for the fall semester (9/11-12/15/2023) begins on July 28, 2023 concludes on September 11, 2023. Rolling enrollment is possible depends on space availability. For rolling enrollment, extended care fee can be prorated based on the day the student enters the program.
- Online registration for the spring semester (1/2-6/1/2023) begins in November, concludes on January 2, 2024. Rolling enrollment is possible depends on space availability. For rolling enrollment, extended care fee can be prorated based on the day the student enters the program.
- A full refund of extended care fee is warranted if a student’s enrollment is canceled in writing two weeks prior to the beginning of Extended Care Program in each semester, namely by 8/28/23 for the fall semester and 12/15/23 for the spring semester. Once enrolled, unless a student’s enrollment is canceled in time, the extended care fee is not refundable. The school can make exceptions for extenuating circumstances, determined by the Head of School on a case-to-case basis.
- Once enrolled, the school counts on families’ commitment to make staffing and scheduling arrangements. Changes to a student’s extended day registration can be accommodated if a request for change is received by the office in writing two weeks prior to the beginning of Extended Care Program in each semester, namely by 8/28/23 for the fall semester and 12/15/23 for the spring semester. The school can make exceptions for extenuating circumstances, determined by the Head of School on a case-to-case basis.
- For families who sign up by semester, the hourly rate averages to be $16/hour. Drop-ins are accepted based on space availability for $20/hour. Drop-ins must be confirmed and should be arranged via phone or email to the main office.
- For late pick-ups, a penalty fee of $30 is charged per 15 minutes.
Click on this link to register for the Extended Day Program for the fall semester (9/11 – 12/15, 2023) in the 2023-24 school year.
Elementary Enrichment Programs
In addition to the regular after school program, elementary students can enroll in a variety of classes that complement our curriculum. Activities have included science, technology, art, chess, homework club, basketball, running club, and many more. Classes are thought by a combination of faculty, and outside vendors right here at SMS. Course offerings and registration information is forth coming later in the spring and summer.
Schedule a tour or contact us to meet our caring and dedicated staff and learn more about the school!