Board of Trustees
The Board’s responsibility is to ensure the long-term success of SMS as an institution. Its primary activities include monitoring the school’s financial management, fundraising, strategic planning, setting high-level policies, ensuring the School has adequate physical resources, and the hiring, support, and evaluation of the Head of School.
As with all non-profit boards, the principle of shared governance is paramount; namely, the Board must stay out of the daily running of the school and allow the Head of School to manage that work. This includes the hiring, firing, and management of staff, and curriculum content and management, neither of which the Board is involved in. The Board entrusts operational matters to the head, and the Board does not hear appeals by members of the community. The Head is a non-voting, ex officio member of the Board of Trustees.
The Board of Trustees is a volunteer board and is governed by the Corporation’s bylaws. If you have an interest in learning more about Board service, or have an idea to share that could fit with long-term strategic planning for the school, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Board, email@example.com.
- President: Jamie Rotman, Sales Associate, M. Pope & Co., Current Parent
- Vice President: Dave Johnson, Director, Management and a long term employee of Urban Retail Properties, LLC., Alumni Parent
- Treasurer: Puneesh Chaudhry, Angel Investor, Launchpad Venture Group, Current Parent
- Trustee: Shelley Fortin, Of Counsel, Herold & Sager, Current Parent
- Trustee: Jeffrey D. Meenes, CFP®, Principal Financial Advisor, Meenes Wealth Partners, Current Parent
- Trustee: Pradeep P. Nazarey, MD,Medical Director, Takeda Pharmaceutical Corp., Current Parent
- Trustee: Martin Reznek, MD, Professor and Vice Chair for Clinical Operations and Education Department of Emergency Medicine, UMass Medical School and UMassMemorial Health Care, Alumni Parent
- Trustee: Melody Singh, Property Tax Accountant, Truist Bank, Alumni Parent
- Trustee: Anthony Thinagar, Director, Bank of America, Alumni Parent